Planning11 jan 2016
Op 11 januari 2016 presenteerden de 8 studenten van de Studio Strategic Spatial Planning hun eindpresentatie aan een jury.
Dit vond plaats in het kader van het eerste semester in de Master of Human Settlements and the Master in Urbanism and Strategic Planning aan de KuLeuven.
Ze formuleerden 6 richtlijnen:
- The co-creation process should become an opportunity to involve different stakeholders in decision making in order to stimulate a more balanced urban development
- Rethink the place of maritime culture in the development of Ostend by proposing a new functional and economical role for it
- Reviving the role of the fishing industry and acknowledge its importance in the (re) definition of the current image of Ostend through innovative fishing techniques
- The City should encourage Public Value Capture Mechanisms and Local Value recycling proposals to increase Social Capital between the New and Old Vuurtorenwijk to ensure a successful co-creation process
- Integrate local activities as part of the existing tourism networks
- The co-creation process should incorporate the multiple identities of Ostend to create and strengthen a common vision among the community